I would welcome the opportunity to speak before your society or organization on practice management and/or managed care issues. Here are some of those who have asked me to share my expertise and perspectives on current business-of-medicine issues.
(Ophthalmology Management magazine)
My presentation topics have included:
Managed Care Contracting Programs
- Managed Care Contracting Realities and Solutions
- Downcoding And Prompt Payment Problems
- Making It Harder For Payers to Manipulate Your Claims Payments
- What To Do When Leaving A Managed Care Plan (Your Rights And Responsibilities Upon Termination)
- Third Party Vision Plans: Sorting Out The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
- Current Issues In Managed Care Contracting
- Managed Care Contract Evaluation (Avoiding Traps, Landmines, And Other Nasty Surprises)
- Responding To A Payor's Take-It-Or-Leave-It Payment Offer
- Managed Care Contracting For Opticians
- Evaluating The Financial Viability Of Managed Vision Care Plans
Practice Administration and Reimbursement Programs
- How Ophthalmology Practices Must Adjust and Evolve to Succeed With the Growth of Consumer-Directed Health Care.
- What Do Your Patients Really Think? Tips and Pearls For Conducting Internal Marketing Research.
- A Nuts and Bolts HIPAA Checklist: Are You Off on the Right Foot?
- Getting Ready for HIPAA
- Delayed, Denied, and Downcoded Reimbursements (Nasty Payor Tricks)
- Designing And Implementing Effective Patient Satisfaction Surveys
- Preparing For Managed Care
- Alternative Delivery Systems -- What The New Graduate Needs To Know
- Managed Care Issues For The Office Staff
- Managed Care: Everything You Didn't Know About... But Should Have
- Capitation For Medical/Surgical Ophthalmology
- Capitation For Vision Care
- Developing Capitation Rates
- Negotiating Strategies For Capitation
- Mock Capitation Negotiation Workshop
- Contact Capitation
Network Development and Management Programs
- Ophthalmic Carve-Outs: Making A Case To Healthplans And Primary Care Physicians
- How To Choose The Right Network
- Physician Compensation Under Capitation And Other At-Risk Arrangements
- Utilization Management: Responding To New Challenges
- Developing And Evaluating A Good Vision Benefit Program
- How Do You Identify And Contact Decision Makers?
- Managing HMO Benefit Programs In Pharmacy, Dental, And Vision
Return to top